Blainroe Golf Club Health & Safety
Covid-19 Phase 3 commencing 29th June 2020
The Government has confirmed that Phase 3 of the Roadmap for Re-Opening Society and Business commences on Monday 29th June, the GUI and ILGU have issued updated Guidelines and Protocols for Golf Clubs which you can see by clicking HERE
We welcome back to Blainroe all our members and friends who have been unable to visit the Club due to travel restrictions. We have updated our guidelines for members and you can see our - ‘Blainroe Return to Golf - Phase 3’ by clicking HERE
As we enter Phase 3, there remains a major responsibility on all golf clubs and golfers to ensure that our sport is conducted in a safe and responsible manner. Full adherence to the provisions of this Protocol is absolutely essential. Golf was in the very privileged position to have been allowed to resume in Phase 1 and this return was based on the sport being able to demonstrate to government that it can take place in a safe, socially distant manner. The high level of compliance shown so far is a credit to all, but these efforts must be redoubled as we begin competitions and welcome visitors for the first time in a number of months.
Members are requested to familiarise themselves with our ‘Blainroe Return to Golf - Phase 3’ guidelines in advance of booking a tee time and subsequently travelling to Blainroe for golf. Some of the main headlines include:
· If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home.
· ALL golf must be booked in advance on the timesheet – you, your guests and visitors cannot play at any time without booking in advance.
· Contract tracing remains an essential requirement. Your name and contact details, together with those of any guest must be held by the Club, so that contact tracing can be undertaken, at a later stage, if required.
· Visitors are welcome but must check-in in person to the Pro Shop to provide contact details before accessing the Course.
· When the Pro Shop closes in the evening, the timesheet names are assumed to have played and that record will be retained.
· Please ensure your name is removed from the timesheet if you are unable to play at your pre-booked time.
· Please aim to arrive at the Club no more than 15 minutes before your tee time. This will cut down on congregating around the Club until restrictions are further eased.
· Social distancing requirements are unchanged – observe physical distancing at all times on the Course, in the carpark and around the Clubhouse.
· The Clubhouse will reopen on a phased basis – from 29th June we will have Clubhouse toilets open, but the locker rooms and showers will remain closed until a later date.
· Plans for how we deal with all the regulations for re-opening the bar and the restaurant are underway and we'll let you know how this is progressing as soon as we can.
· As already advised by the Competitions Committees, Club competitions will resume from Monday 29th June. You will receive further information on scorecard submission and any other details that they need to share.
If you wish, please protect yourself by bringing your own mask, gloves, and personal sanitisers with you.
Please continue to observe all instructions and adhere to all GUI/ILGU guidelines and government guidance and regulations.
For HSE Covid-19 website click HERE